Monday, March 28, 2011

PROMPT: Rotting

hello! I haven't written anything in A LONG TIME. I used to write a lot. Hopefully this isn't too painful. I'll probably edit it tomorrow when I'm more awake. be kind!


“Uuugghh!”
“Watch out!”
“Urgg!”
“This place isn’t safe!” I stretched out a hand to grab Benjamin by the shirt to drag him closer to my face. “Ack! Its breath is worse than its bite!” He grumbled and jumped out of my grip.
“Why are you here?” I mumbled as I opened my eyes to a bleary world. Everything was too bright, too loud, and too fuzzy. “Why are you waking me at this ungodly hour of-” I looked at the clock and finished lamely, “of nine.” Benjamin grinned as he enjoyed my misery. People wide awake before ten are unbearable.
“You really are horrible in the morning!” he said to deliberately not answer my question.
“And you’re just brightness and sunshine. Why are we dating again?” I rolled over and muttered into my pillow.
Benjamin yanked it out from under my head, “You’re using me as a living alarm clock, remember? Especially when you have big important job interviews so you aren’t homeless after you graduate.”
My eyes finally adjusted to the light as a glared at him, “Oh yeah, but you’re a really horrible maid.” He stared at me with an adorable confused smile, “All that fruit you bought a month ago that you promised you would eat? It’s rotting in the fridge! The apples over-ripened everything because you wouldn’t separate them like I suggested. A good maid would clean that up.” I patted his leg to shoo him away.
He leaned over my face as he snarled his retort but I cut him off with a sudden kiss. When we pulled apart some minutes later he stood up to continue glaring, but I knew it was a farce so I looked innocently up at him.
He broke after about thirty seconds with a grimace that turned into a smile, “You’re lucky you’re cute.”
“I know,” I beamed as I sat up and put my feet over the edge of the bed, “Just throw the damn fruit out!”

1 comment: