Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Prompt: Eternal

I hated this one. >_> So I sort of gave up five minutes in.

“Vampires are awesome.”

“Yeah, well the old ones are. Not those flaming sparkly ones with the nice hair.” Chuckled one of the other men at the bar. “…you’re not talking about Twilight right?”

“No, no… I watched Bram Stoker’s Dracula the other night with my girlfriend so I could show her what real vampires were like… Though I have to tell you I hadn’t really seen it either. The closest I’ve been to vampire movies is Count Chocula.”

“And he only drinks chocolate milk. I think.”

“Whatever, anyway, they’re awesome. I didn’t realize how much cooler the older versions of them are. I mean… they get to be young, never age, drink blood they don’t even have to eat food. I mean there are certain restrictions, I get that. But don’t you think eternal life would be worth it?”

“Yeah, being immortal would pretty much kick ass.” The man finished off his beer, wondering what it would be like to have everlasting life.

“Pretty much kick ass? Imagine what we could do with that kind of time! This world is so fast, everyone moving so quickly… Hell we limit our education because if we gave it more than the fucking twelve years we give it then by the time we got around to having kids and lives and careers we’d be too fucking old to move. Think of the opportunities we’d have without the limitation of age…” The man seemed to drift off.

“So you boys think it’d be fun to be a vampire?” A man at the other end of the bar said into his beer. Neither of the younger men responded immediately. The mysterious stranger who had interrupted their conversation seemed shady.

“Well yeah, I know it’d be kind of gross but the chicks would never get old and ugly.”

1 comment:

  1. it's because you mentioned twilight! XD

    I'm sooooo uncreative today.

    ReplyDelete